‘If you were at work and someone had a heart attack, stroke or became unwell would you know what to do?’
Too many people don’t know how to look after someone if they become ill or injured. Knowing what to do could save a life. Let’s consider 5 reasons why your organisation should invest in First Aid training:
- It is the Law. The Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981 requires that employers provide suitable first aid provisions. This includes both adequate and appropriate first aid facilities, equipment and trained personnel to be able to respond to a first aid emergency. Identifying what this means for a business depends on the organisation and the level of risk. A first aid risk assessment is required to determine what your organisation needs. JCH Safety LTD can provide assistance with carrying out a first aid risk assessment and put in place an action plan to assist your organisation to manage first aid.
- How would you feel if someone died or suffered long term health issues and you could have prevented it? Good first aid provision saves lives. If you have adequate first aid provision you could prevent someone losing their life. By providing first aid you could restart a heart, stop severe blood loss or know what to do if someone has a fit. First aid is about supporting injured and ill people until the paramedics can reach the patient. This could save their life. By being properly trained you can have the competence to make a real difference to an injured person and their families.
- Make your staff feel safe and valued. It is proven that staff who feel valued and safe at work make better employees. By having good first aid arrangements, that are visible throughout your business and communicated to staff, lets them know that they are valued. By treating people who become ill or injured can mitigate the extent of their injuries and help them to return to work faster. This is good for the individual and good for the business.
- Reduce claims: good first aid reduces the long term effects of injuries. Should an accident be the fault of the business, the chances are that either the HSE will investigate the matter or a claim will be made against the business. When prosecuting, the extent of the persons injuries are considered. By tackling the injury, as soon as possible, it could seriously reduce the long term health consequences of such an injury. This could then reduce the value of the claim and/or the level of fine that has to be paid out. Remember, failure to comply with the First Aid Regulations could result in prosecution by the HSE also.
- It’s morally right! Accidents do happen and people do suddenly become ill. No one wants their staff to be injured at work and no one wants to realise that they could have prevented the death of a colleague, if only they had been properly trained. Make arrangements today to ensure your business has suitable and sufficient first aid arrangements in place. If you need assistance with this, please get in touch.
JCH Safety LTD provides a variety of high quality First Aid training courses that can be delivered at your premises or at a local venue near to your business. We specialise in training groups of up to 12 people in First Aid. Our First Aid Trainers are highly qualified and experienced ensuring that the courses are both enjoyable and informative. You will be pleased to know that we offer excellent value for money and often are courses are considerably cheaper than other providers. Our courses start at just £350 for up to 12 delegates making them some of the cheapest available. We are committed to the importance of First Aid and so we keep our prices as low as we can.
If you are looking for a First Aid training course in Coventry, Nuneaton or Warwickshire please do not hesitate to get in touch. We also provide First Aid training in Birmingham, Wolverhampton and across the West Midlands.
Stay Informed. Subscribe To My Health & Safety Blog
Join my mailing list to get updates from me when I publish new posts on my blog.