Getting back to the workplace at last!
Despite recent increases in COVID cases in the UK, it seems that the vaccines are preventing severe illness. This is allowing businesses bring staff and customers back to the workplace. The final stage of ‘unlocking’ is approaching, allowing us all more freedom. Things may never be the same again, but we are approaching the ‘new’ normal.
As all businesses are hopefully reopening soon, it is imperative that both employers and employees do everything possible to have the best possible workplace safety and hygiene to protect themselves and each other when returning to work.
Many people have been homeworking and will be anxious returning to the workplace. Management must ensure staff are briefed in safe working practices to build confidence within the workforce.
There are six simple steps that can help you achieve this:
• Ensure your business is Covid 19 secure. Keep your risk assessment up to date.
• Carry out Covid 19 awareness training.
• Ensure all indoor spaces are well ventilated with fresh air flow.
• Observe social distancing where possible.
• Wear face coverings in crowded areas or where social distancing is not possible.
• Wash hands frequently for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer when washing is not possible.
In addition to other services and training we already provide, such as a Covid 19 Risk Assessment, we now offer a Covid 19 Safe Workplaces online training course.
Why do we need this training?
The content of our course is based on the latest information from the UK government and the NHS. It explores the risk to workers caused by the Covid-19 virus and covers actions that can be taken by employers and employees to protect themselves and each other and improve workplace hygiene wherever necessary. It is useful for anyone responsible for risk assessments and health and safety in the workplace, to help plan and implement changes to the daily work environment. It will be helpful to those who are returning to a central workplace after long periods of remote working and ease to the transition back to work.
The course covers information about the virus, risk assessments and personal safety, along with how to make changes to the work environment to address these risks during and following the pandemic.
Why choose online training?
The advantages for online training as opposed face to face training are:
• Cost effective.
• Flexible. Individual candidates can progress through the modules at their own pace, in their own time, making it easy to fit the training around their work and personal life.
• No need to book or use a group space to carry out the course, further reducing the risk of virus transmission.
How much does it cost?
Each individual course licence is £35.00, but as with all our other online courses, you get a free trial and the first module completely free!
Click here to sign up for your free trial of the Covid 19 Safe Workplaces online course.
If you have any queries about Covid 19 or any other health and safety issues, don’t hesitate to get in touch and we will be happy to help.
Stay Informed. Subscribe To My Health & Safety Blog
Join my mailing list to get updates from me when I publish new posts on my blog.