About the course
Electricity is the lifeblood of modern society, it enhances our quality of life and we are becoming increasingly reliant on it to power tools and devices we use for work and entertainment. However, although electricity has many benefits it can also be a hidden killer as it can’t be seen, felt, smelled or heard until someone comes into contact with it.
This course will start by covering the many benefits electricity brings to society, as well as its key components voltage, current and resistance. It will explain the two main types of electricity, cover UK accident and death statistics, and describe a simple way of remembering the electrical hazards. It then goes on to provide basic instructions about how you could safely help someone you suspect has received an electric shock.
- International Institute of Risk and Safety Managers (IIRSM) Approved **
- Duration: 45 mins *
- Fast effective learning in an interactive way
- Opportunities to stop and start the course meaning that everyone has the time to learn.
- Improved legal compliance
- Effective evidence of quality training
- We suggest using Google Chrome for the best user experience
- £35 per license
*The course duration is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions
**Our IIRSM approved courses are owned by VideoTile Learning Ltd and distributed under licence.